Friday, June 20, 2008

Mr. "I Love My Diapers" has changed to Mr. "I Love Underpants"

Those of you who just saw us 4 days ago would probably be very surprised to hear that Wyatt has learned how to use the potty! I was afraid to spread the news yesterday, so I had to wait to see if it could possibly happen 2 days in a row.

Wyatt started wearing underpants on Tuesday and I kept making him try to go all day long, and we probably went through 3 or 4 changes that day. Then Wednesday was just about the same. I was discouraged, and really thought that there was no way I was ever going to get this stubborn little boy to learn how to go on the potty.

Well, Thursday I decided that instead of forcing him into the bathroom every half hour, I'd let him try to figure it out. I went to take a shower, and left him and Noah watching "Potty Time with Bear (in the big blue house)." Sure enough, I get out of the shower and he drags me downstairs to the potty. He went, ALL BY HIMSELF. He told me that Bear had told him he needed to wear underpants and go in the potty, and to listen to his body. He went into the whole conversation he had with Bear (a little crazy, but oh so cute!) about going on the potty. And he did it! All Day Long!!! He didn't have any accidents. Then today, same thing, NO accidents. He is peeing and pooping on the potty!! We are SO very excited.

If I had only know Bear would have that magical, convincing conversation with him, I would have invited him over months ago... :)

No comments: